Tayata Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Soha
To the miraculous shared connection of all conscious beings throughout the space-time of this infinite universe I offer the following recording:
- This is my recording of a single repetition of the Sanskrit mantra of the Perfection of Transcendent Wisdom (with a Tibetan Buddhist pronunciation).
- The recording is 12 seconds long.
- Download the WAV audio file and then turn on LOOP during playback for the full effect of listening to multiple repetitions of the mantra.
- Chant along with the playback while meditating and I promise you attain an elevated state of consciousness, haha!
- Best if you listen with headphones as I have recorded the audio in stereo.
- I created this recording entirely by myself in my home studio.
- On multiple recorded tracks, I am playing:
- 2 conga drums
- 2 bongo drums
- A tambourine
- A brass gong
- A brass singing bowl
- Six tracks of my vocals reciting the Heart of Wisdom mantra are overlaid to create a chanting chorus.
- I did all the sound editing myself.
The original text, written in Sanskrit, the most noble of the four great languages of India, is entitled Bhagavati Prajna Paramita Hridaya, rendered in Tibetan by Chomdendema Sherab Ki Paroltushinpay Nyingpo, The Heart of the Victorious Transcendent Wisdom.Bokar Rinpoche, Profound Wisdom of the Heart Sutra – Free download as PDF File (.pdf), (download here).
The mantra of the Perfection of Transcendent Wisdom is said like this: